Time for a new beginning, a fresh start, a Quantum Leap forward!

How easy is it to keep doing things in the manner, method or routine that we have always done them? It might seem safe or good, but are we really fruitful? Are we progressing? Are we victorious in all that we do?

MATTHEW 25 : 14 - 29 NKJV
14 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. 15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.16 Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. 17 And likewise he who had received two gained two more also. 18 But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord’s money. 19 After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 “So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, ‘Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.’ 21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’22 He also who had received two talents came and said, ‘Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.’ 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’
24 “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’
26 “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. 27 So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. 28 Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
29 ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.

It is really easy to fool ourselves and believe that we are of course the faithful "ten talent servant", but is it true? If we are not bearing fruit do we then condemn ourselves? Do we say "I am doing the best that I can, I do not know what else I could be doing." Do we compare our performance, or lack of it, to that of those around us? Are we just simply negative about the whole subject and avoid it completely? If it seems all too difficult then something is really wrong. 

2 CORINTHIANS 1 : 18 - 22 NKJV
18 But as God is faithful, our word to you was not Yes and No. 19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us—by me, Silvanus, and Timothy—was not Yes and No, but in Him was Yes. 20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

MATTHEW 19 : 26 NKJV
26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

This is the point where we can discuss the fresh start, the new beginning. Let us not look any longer at our past or present performances or failure, but let us put all of that behind us and look forward to who we can become in God's strength. You see God does not expect us to do it for Him in our own strength, but He has given us The Holy Spirit to empower us in His will. Let us no longer look at our failures as something that we cannot overcome, but let us look at them as an opportunity for victory. In other words, when we see our failure, let us then turn to The Holy Spirit and ask for the way to overcome that failure. The answer may not seem to come straight away, but it will come and the victory with it.

PHILIPPIANS 3 : 12 - 16 NKJV
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. 13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. 16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

In this way we can keep our eyes on Jesus who is transforming us into His own image. Yes He does it, if we give Him our failure, then He works it out for good. If we continue to do things our way then we will keep failing in the same ways and we have no way forward. We can because He can! Nothing is impossible for Him and therefore, nothing is any longer impossible for us. Are you ready to trade your failures for success? The first thing to do is to admit them and then the next thing to do is to ask for the way to overcome them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TRUE SALVATION EXPLAINED

You can run but you can not hide.

Why is it not working? Part 1.